Of course, the questions posed in the title presume you already know where Jeju Way is situated.
I certainly did not know until “discovering” Jeju Way…and its murals… last week.
Chances are you have walked this street and did not notice Jeju Way or the murals. I can certainly plead guilty to this personal failure. But a few days ago I was in the area on one of my walks and the lighting caught my eye and…there they were…just beyond the stone fountain “sentry” I had photographed many times in the past…
Of course you know where this is…don’t you? :-)
The plaza/walkway beyond the fountain on Santa Rosa’s 4th St is Jeju Way.
Upon entering you will encounter this mural on the entire side of one building…
And if you look across the way…
The Jeju Way murals have been there for quite a few years and are in pristine condition.
The lighting in the area was confusing, to say the least, and as a rank amateur, I was not equipped with lighting, shields, reflectors, etc. However, I hope I managed to capture enough decent shots to encourage you to visit the scene in Santa Rosa and take a look for yourself.
Below are two slideshows that attempt to show some of the detail of these very large works.
I’ve included additional information about Jeju Way, Jeju City and the murals at the end of the article below the slideshows.
Sonoma “Cownty” Mural
Jeju City Mural
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & BACKGROUND
- Jeju City in South Korea and Santa Rosa, CA are sister cities
- YouTube video link for the Sonoma “Cownty” Mural
- Article & Photo of Santa Rosa Way in Jeju City
- I have no information as to who painted the Jeju City Mural in Santa Rosa
- The names of the Sonoma “Cownty” Mural artists were included in one of the panels and are part of the slideshow
- I could find no articles or information (Using Google or Bing) reporting on the creation of the Jeju Way murals…zip…nada. The little information I did retrieve was, as you can see from the links included here, from a Jeju City newspaper in South Korea
- By the bye, Jeju City, Korea got a Snoopy from Santa Rosa