As Valentine’s Day quickly approaches, it is, of course, time to go shopping for the perfect Valentine. Today, we are encouraged to Buy Local.
Always willing to support a good cause, I reflected on the Buy Local concept yesterday as I prepared to venture out to find the perfect gift…locally.
I showered, using a low flow shower head (Made in China)
I brushed my teeth using an electric toothbrush (Made in China)
I shaved with an electric razor (Made in China)
Next, I put on…
- Clean underwear (Made in Honduras)
- Clean Shirt (Made in India)
- Pants (Made in Vietnam)
- Shoes (Made in China)
- My wristwatch (Made in China)
- My glasses (Made in China) and
- My jacket (Made in China)
In the kitchen, I made breakfast using my…
- Coffee Pot (Made in China)
- Toaster (Made in China) and
- Took my prescription drugs (Made in Singapore and Israel)
Before leaving the house…
I checked the e-mail on the computer (Made in China) and the weather on my widescreen TV (Made in Japan).
- Turned on my cellphone (Made in China)
- Picked up my cameras (Made in China and Malaysia)
- Went to the garage and decided to use the car (Made in Japan) instead of the bicycle (Made in China)
So how did I do?
It was a very good day. When I got home there was a message on my answering machine (Made in China)! I was pleased to learn that the dental crown (from the laboratory in China) came in sooner than expected. Good news indeed!
And…I can proudly report that my Buy Local trip produced the perfect Valentine’s Day gift (Made in…..)
I celebrated by watching a DVD (Made in Mexico) on my DVD player (Made in China).
So…Get Out There & Buy Local Every Day!