The Annual April Workday for Rebuilding Together Petaluma (RTP) happened to also be Earth Day!
Briefly, 264 volunteers from the community joined together to lend a helping hand to neighbors and the community at eleven locations. * (Details at end of article)
I was able to photograph the volunteers at four of the eleven locations…
The RTP Volunteers at Shollenberger Park had their “hands full” at times… becoming at times a part of the Earth in my viewfinder… 🙂
Click on any image in the Gallery to open it…
*Here’s s short incomplete list of what 264 volunteers accomplished:
- A wheelchair accessible shower was installed for a man who has had a stroke
- A rotten bathroom floor, broken toilet and porch were replaced for a brother and sister, one of whom has cancer
- 5 dumpsters were filled to the brim with debris & unwanted junk from every site
- New wall heaters were installed and 40 year old carpet replaced, a fence built and a backyard sheet mulched for an 84 year old widow
- A new kitchen floor was laid for a 90 year old WWII veteran as well as the exterior of his home painted, grab bars installed.
- An employee kitchen was installed, gutters cleaned, landscape cleaned up and counseling rooms painted at Petaluma People Services Center
- Rebuilding Together Petaluma’s new home was painted, landscaped, and new doors that actually open were installed
- The home of an 89 year old woman who is blind was cleaned and landscaped
- Two porches and a bathroom and laundry room floor were replaced for a disabled homeowner.
- A 90 year old widow recieved a new roof on her mobile home earlier in the week, pressure washing outside, and soft spots in her floor fixed
- An unsafe and rotten porch was replaced for a disabled woman
- Collapsing kitchen cabinets were replaced for a disabled homeowner
- And Shollenberger Park had a team of volunteers pull out invasive weeds to restore the wetlands.
It appears that we may have another fitness center in Downtown Petaluma!*
I noticed the gear this morning under the Balshaw Pedestrian Bridge over the Petaluma River.
YES, I DID!
No editing tricks–images straight from the camera made during this morning’s perambulation…
Balshaw Bridge Barbell
No hours are posted for this new facility. However, it may be open 24 hours for boaters who want to lift weights while on the river…
Balshaw Bridge Barbell
Balshaw Bridge Barbell
Hmmmm! I wonder what kind of permit was required for this installation?
*While written with tongue in cheek, I hope this will be taken seriously and corrected…Until then, boaters should be careful under the bridge
Feeling sorry for us folks in Petaluma having to endure a Clock Tower without hands…and therefore not knowing the time of day…
Petaluma’s Internationale Instituto De Vino Wino, after consuming several bottles of Vintage Plonk, negotiated a transfer of clock hands from the Empire Building Clock Tower in Santa Rosa…
You might say that they are lending a hand–two in fact…
Officers & Staff of The Internationale Instituto De Vino Wino (La Centre de l’Experience du Vin de Petaluma) awaken from their collective Vin Ordinaire Slumber to release their first newsletter since November 2010.
Why after a Seven Year Hangover does the Instituto speak out?
They were aroused by the Instituto’s new Medical Director Dr. Donillo Drump to alert them as to a new disease, “POTUS MEDIA TRITTERITIS TWEET” spreading across the country on our screens, phones, and even in our dreams. People are all a twitter!!
Dr. Drump has come up with the perfect medical technique for coping with this new disease~ A glass a day of the Instituto’s Vin Ordinaire before breakfast…
In extreme cases Dr. Drump recommends doubling the dose and adding a glass of bourbon…
Dr. Drump guarantees that you will forget everything with this prescription! Insurance deductibles do apply however!
Photos by the Instituto’s famed Anvil Adams
Today I received an Official Document from Washington DC…
The document contained therein advised that I am a finalist to win a 2017 Toyota Prius. Apparently they have been trying to contact me before as the envelope clearly indicates this is the “Final Attempt”!
I checked the address on 611 Pennsylvania Ave in Washington…
Apparently an entity called PVS at 225 W First St in Casper Wy is in charge of the contest.
I checked out the address contained in the Offical Document…
Don’t you just LOVE Google Maps!!
By the Bye, as I am awfully busy with other official documents from Washington during tax time, I regret that I will not have time to seek the prize. Sigh…such is life…
…and one image from 4th St.
Photo from this morning…a sign of our times? Full Gallery below photo.
Gallery (Click on any photo to open Gallery)